Sunday, January 11, 2015

Merry Christmas!

We had a very nice Christmas season and enjoyed the opportunity it gave us to spend time with family. We stayed overnight at the parents so we spent Christmas Eve and morning with them and then we all gathered at my brother's to enjoy the rest of Christmas day. We had a lot of delicious food and excess amounts of dessert :) and reveled in hugs and fun! And after having absolutely no snow it turned out to be a beautiful white Christmas - a rare event for Josh!




My Dad has always been a really good gift giver and this year was no exception. He got us the complete set of Beatrix Potter books and he looked for a set that was as close to her original versions (size, etc.) as possible. It was an awesome surprise! And coincidentally we also got a set of homemade bookends from our siblings so it was the perfect match!

Earlier in the month we went to Josh's work party and enjoyed walking through all of the festive displays at the Grand America Hotel. I had no idea it was so decked out inside for Christmas. We really need to remember that for next Christmas!
 
Every year all of us girls go to the Nutcracker ballet while the boys do something manly together. The little girls always get a new Christmas dress to wear for the occasion and Grandma really outdid herself this year - they were gorgeous.  

Also earlier in the month I took a day off of work so that Mom and I could do some holiday baking. We made 7 batches of cookies/desserts and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Some of the things we made were recipes of my great grandmother's so that is always a nostalgic experience. I literally didn't have enough Tupperware to store it all in so we had to be creative in order for Mom to transport her share home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment